Instructions for Using
Etchall® Resist Gel to Etch Glass
Resist Gelis a water-based gel that enables you to create your own
unique designs without using a stencil. Etchall® Resist Gel
forms a protective barrier against Etching Creamor Etchall® Dip 'N Etch. This barrier acts as a resist
preventing the surface from being etched.
Etchall® Resist Gel
can be either squeezed directly from the bottle or brushed evenly onto
glass. Itappears green and opaque when wet,
but dries clear. Drying time depends on thickness of application.
Apply Etchall® Resist Gelto a clean glass surface using the gel to draw a design. This design
will be the un-etched portion of the glass. Use the resist gelto
build a barrier around the perimeter of the area to be etched in order to
protect the rest of the glass. Let the Etchall® Resist Geldry completely, and apply Etching Creamas
directed. Remove the etching cream according to the directions on the
bottle, and peel the dry resist gelfrom the surface while holding
the object under running water. Discard the used Etchall®
Resist Geland rinse the object again. Your design is ready!
1. Apply resist gel directly out of the bottle onto
a clean surface, using the gel to draw a design. This design will be the
un-etched portion of the glass.
2. Continue using the Etchall® Resist Gel
to fill in all areas of the surface you do not want etched.
3. Let the resist gel dry completely. The appearance
of the gel will change from an opaque green color to clear. Drying time
will depend upon thickness of application.
4. Apply Etching Cream or dip
object in Etchall® Dip 'N Etch according to the product
instructions. Leave cream on for 15 minutes, or let object sit in dip 'n
etch for 15 minutes.
5. After time has elapsed, return
Etching Cream or Etchall® Dip 'N Etch to its original
container. Do not allow any etching cream to touch glass you do not want
etched, because cream will instantly etch surface.
6. Quickly remove any remaining or Etchall®
Dip 'N Etch by rinsing the object under running water.
7. Quickly and carefully, peel resist gel from the
surface while holding the object under running water. Discard used resist
gel, and rinse the object again. Admire your finished product!
To Use Etchall® Resist Gel With Etchall®
Etching Cream On Curved Surfaces:
Follow directions above, making the following modifications.
1. Build a reservoir to hold Etchall®
Cream in place.
2. Let resist gel dry completely.
Etching Cream into the
reservoir you created in step
etching cream sit for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, return etching cream to
Be extremely careful when returning Etchall®
Etching Cream to container not to
let the cream touch any surface you do not want to etch. You may want to
apply a protective coat of resist gel over the surface of the object using
Resist Gel With Etchall® Dip 'N Etch
1. Follow steps 1 and 2 in the Etchall®
Resist Gel instructions,
then let gel dry.
2. Place weighted object in a plastic container, and fill container with water
to the height of the desired etching line.
3. Remove object from water and mark the water level on the
outside of the container. Pour out the water and dry both the container and
4. Pour Etchall® Dip 'N Etch into container to the line you drew in step
3. Insert weighted object and wait 15 minutes.
5. Remove object from container and rinse under running water. Dry object and
admire your finished project.
6. Return Etchall® Dip 'N Etch to its original container.